Why choose us?
A founding tenet for the work of Langley Innovations is to leave all alumni feeling valued and respected by their alma mater; that they will be heard, that they will help drive future strategy and practices, and that the school value their total ability to contribute:
“To become the college that (1.) best converts the collective might of its alumni into the shaping of a more perfect institution of higher learning and the most purposeful guidance of young lives and (2.) best encourages and empowers its alumni to affiliate in pursuit of improving the human condition.”
Our entrepreneurial firm is built on a professional approach for adaptable thought-leadership, sincerity of mission, and a recognition of only those solutions that have stood the test of time in 30 years of Advancement and Fundraising. The Company’s unique ability is rooted in designing certainty of specific outcomes into the process of development, annual fundraising, donor care, and long-term sustainable gifts.
A More Certain Way
It is very much our business development strategy – to listen to practitioners, discover limiting factors, and propose new and proprietary solutions. Results include identifying the optimum sources of revenue for annual and long-term goals; plus end-to-end institutional measures necessary for sustainable growth (example):
Produced record numbers in New Commitments & Dollars, by interviewing over 6,000 alumni in 42 states and 17 countries.
- Giving rose by 43 percent in the year following the interviews.
- 20 percent gave their largest gift ever.
- Other important KPI measures for year over year growth:
- Over 900 new career mentors
- Over 440 new alumni admission interviewers
- More than 200 regional class committee volunteers
- 570 new major gift prospects (63% with capacity of over $100,000)
- Participant feedback following conference
Qualitative instructor feedback from Workshop attendees
- Best I have heard in the field. Brilliant and engaging speaker utilizing a plethora of knowledge.
- Smart, articulate, seasoned, strategic, a deep well of information and experience. There is no better.
- Thank you for your time, talents, and treasures! I wish my President could have been here.
- Fantastic. I'm grateful for these 2 days. Easily one of the best conferences I've attended.
- It was a great day for the team yesterday, one that fed our intellects and spirits, and certainly inspired our staff concerning our work and vocational callings---sort of a conversational and creative feast. Thank you for leading us through the day.VP Advancement
- Sorry. I'm typing on my phone.... I've never seen so many bd members react so positively to an outside consultant presentation in my 10 years w the board. The buzz on all things Langley was and is amazing. Jim told me to make sure you know that he was sorry to not have had time to tell you thanks himself - as the meeting went on and you left. He said it was superb and he was thrilled!Midwest College
- "... It made all the difference to bring a group. We collaborated as a team at the conference and set the planning and activities in motion here ever before we returned to campus. This is more effective than returning home as an individual and trying to affect change.”CEO University Foundation
- The Alumni Discovery Project is a concept adapted from former Georgetown University vice president Jim Langley, allowing (client) University to connect with alumni from diverse eras, geographical locations and experiences.Voyage of Discovery magazine
- I just received and read the excerpt from your book on 'Fundraising for Deans" and want to say thank you for providing an excellent guide to how to handle a donor/prospect interview.Advancement Vice President
For an introductory telephone discussion, please complete this short form. An associate will be back to your shortly to schedule the best time for a call.
After 30 years in higher education, he founded Langley Innovations, a strategic consulting and training firm, to help institutions and organizations dedicated to improving the human condition align their efforts with the most foresightful and principled philanthropists, and thereby advance a philanthropic revolution that has, in the past century, generated the greatest …continue
Richard O. Walker III
Dick Walker is of counsel with Langley Innovations and the Principal of R.O. Walker Company LLC. Dick brings more than 35 years of fundraising and development experience primarily in the independent school sector. Dick works with his clients on a variety of engagements from capital campaign management to board development to strategic planning. Dick offers his clients the ability to listen and tailor best practice solutions to each client’s unique culture as well as provide them expert teaching and coaching. …continue
Amy is a leading innovator in the design and implementation of successful fundraising initiatives for educational institutions as well as national and international nonprofits. For more than 15 years, she has helped organizations of all sizes from all sectors establish relationships and build a foundation for long-term sustainable growth. Amy has consistently leveraged her innate …continue
Philip G. Mazzara
Philip has led comprehensive advancement programs and capital campaigns for a wide range of non-profit organizations during his 35 year career. He has served as president of three hospital foundations and chief development officer for two academic medical centers, a technology university and a liberal arts college.
Additionally, he has served as chief development officer for two Atlanta-based international NGOs. During his tenure with The…continue
With 25 years of experience, Pete brings a deep knowledge and understanding of institutional advancement. His energy, vision, transformational leadership, and engaging managerial style set the bar for exceptional fundraising and operational effectiveness, helping to reframe Drexel University and fuel its ascent among the nation’s top private research universities. His most recent campaign exceeded its $400 million goal by more than $55 million and concluded seven months early. It was a remarkable (more…)
Robert is a fundraising executive whose expertise in higher education spans 36 years and includes managing highly successful fundraising programs at the California Institute of Technology, the Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of Georgia. His two degrees in engineering provide a rare perspective that enhances his ability to lend exceptional conceptualization and special creativity to fundraising planning and operations, tempered with straightforward and logical approaches to implementation. continue
Eve Carr received her Ph.D. in US History and has been working in historical and advancement focused research for over thirteen years. She has worked with cultural, health care, and educational institutions for over ten years providing research and research training in support of institutional advancement. She has gained great deal of experience building professional relationships and partnerships since she and her husband move every three years for his career in the U.S. Coast Guard…continue
Steve has been involved in raising financial support to advance the missions of faith-based organizations since 1986. The first 14 years involved direct work leading congregations and raising support for outreach, programs, and capital projects. The next seven years, Steve served as a program director in the Midwest for stewardship & capital appeals. During that time, he worked with over …continue
Ian is a highly regarded thought-leader, strategist, author, speaker, and consultant. This visionary president and founder of Ian Symmonds & Associates Inc. has served over 160 independent schools, colleges, universities, and non-profit organizations through enrollment, marketing, branding, and strategy counsel over the past decade. His professional practice as a senior officer, …continue
William “Billy” Weitzer, PhD
Since earning his PhD. in environmental psychology, Dr. William “Billy” Weitzer has served as an administrator and a consultant in a variety of areas, including strategic planning, institutional research, and assessment. He has over 30 years of experience in university administration spanning academic affairs and student affairs, budget and finance, community relations and fundraising, …continue
Gretchen Dobson, Ed.D.
With over 22 years of experience, Dr. Gretchen Dobson is a leading global alumni relations consultant who develops international advancement programs for educational institutions and non-profit organizations around the world. Her specialty services include strategic planning, campaign management, volunteer management, and special event facilitation for clients with …continue
Ron is vice president for university relations at Susquehanna University in Pennsylvania and has served Susquehanna since 1991. After guiding two comprehensive campaigns to achieve results beyond their stated goals, Ron and his colleagues are in the midst of reframing the advancement program around broad and holistic constituent engagement. Efforts to involve alumni with greater …continue